Tuesday, 28 April 2015

From the Journal of Jack Simpson World War 1 Medic

Shrapnel Valley, Gallipoli
10  May 1915

Today was the worst day of my life.  My best friend has been shot in the chest.  I’ve known him since I was five. He was my first friend at school. 
Me and Duffy have just found him today. There was heaps of blood.  It was horrible because of all of the blood and it had dried up.  There were thousands of flies.
I have saved about 14 people with Duffy and I found four that had died.
I can smell heaps of smoke from all the guns firing bullets.
I wish I could go home because of all the people dying and all of the blood.  I miss having clean clothes and sleeping in my comfy bed.

By Flynn 

2 comments:

  1. to:Flynn
    I like how you explained it.
    From:Jordyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was a very good story it made me feel that I was in the war and I like that you
    put full stops at the end of each sentince from Gus

    ReplyDelete